Wings and Wheels on Father's Day
Image: robert.rittmuller 2010
The Collings Foundation will hold its 10th annual Wings and Wheels open house this weekend. The museum only open its doors to the public three times a year, so its a special opportunity to see some classic machines. This year sees the first exhibition of the Foundation's "American Elegance" collection of cars.
On show are more than 70 classic automobiles and race cars, plus military equipment and vintage aircraft. Vehicles exhibited include:
- 1914 Stutz Bearcat
- 1921 Marmon Model 34 Speedster
- 1927 Rolls Royce Springfield Phantom 1 Phaeton
- 1928 Pierce Arrow Series 81 Limousine
- 1932 Duesenberg SJ Dual-Cowl Phaeton
- 1936 Auburn Boat-Tail Speedster
- 1940 Cadillac Limousine V-16, owned by Al Capone, original un-restored
- Michael Andretti's 1995 Lola/Ford XB race car
If you really want to impress Dad on Father's Day, there's a few aircraft experiences on offer. To book any of the following, call 978.562.9182 for flight reservations.
- PT-17 and T-6 Texan flights
- T-6 Texan flights: $390 30-minutes
- PT-17 Stearman flights: $200 20-minutes
The Collings Foundation is situated at 137 Barton Road, in Stow, Massachusetts. The Wings and Wheels event will run on June 16 and 17, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Entry prices: $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for children 12 yrs. and younger.