Salmon Brothers collection goes for almost $7 million
Image: Courtesy Mecum Auctions
Twin brothers Tom and Don Salmon spent 50 years amassing a collection of cars and automobilia, all of which was auctioned last weekend. Mecum Auctions report that 100% of lots were sold, and that the event attracted collectors from across the world.
In all, the collection of nearly 140 vehicles, plus engines and automobila, fetched $6.95 million in sales.
1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible
“I had no idea it was going to be this big of a deal,” said Don Salmon. “The Mecum folks went above and beyond all expectations of my brother and I, and we certainly hope all the new owners enjoy these cars as much as we did,” Salmon added.
1936 Cord 810 Sportsman
The top 10 sellers were as follows:
- 1934 Cadillac Fleetwood V12 - $200,000
- 1936 Cord 810 Sportsman Convertible Coupe - $135,000
- 1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible - $110,000
- 1957 Chevrolet Nomad Fuelie - $100,000
- 1931 Auburn 898 Cabriolet - $97,500
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - $91,000
- 1931 Cadillac Fleetwood Dual Cowl Phaeton - $90,000
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Fuelie Convertible - $90,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala Convertible - $90,000
- 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - $90,000